howlin’ wolf, muddy waters, willie dixon
posted in music
from howlin’ wolf, muddy waters, willie dixon posted in music by pete_nice
Chess Records was formed by two Polish immigrant brothers, Leonard and Phil Chess, in 1950. They moved to this location in 1956 and stayed here until 1965.
During that time, they recorded many influential blues and early rock and roll songs. Some of the artists that recorded here include Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Howlin’ Wolf, Sonny Boy Williamson and Willie Dixon. Chuck Berry recorded "Johnny B. Goode" here. The Rolling Stones recorded "2120 South Michigan Ave" here on their American tour in 1964.
Chess Records moved a couple of times before being consumed by another subsidiary in 1975. Since then, the building has been purchased and is the headquarters of Willie Dixon's Blues Heaven Foundation.